April 2020 Minutes

We skipped having a meeting in March but decided to hold a “virtual” meeting this month.

Minutes of PNWRC (OHPV) meeting on April 22, 2020, held via ZOOM conferencing in a virtual “virus” free environment, because social distancing, and “HOSTED” by Edna VG. Attending via computer were Jeff & Diane, Paul & Bev, Dave, Keith, Jacquie, Lonnie, Bruce, Patty, Marcie and Serenity, and Chuck and Barbara. We even had a couple “foreigners” join in; Greg Merkley and Ron Richings from BC.

Meeting was discussion/status of upcoming rides. In general rides have been either canceled, or put on hold pending a decision, or re-scheduled. Details below current as of 04/23/2020.

Reach the Beach – Rescheduled to Aug 15. https://action.lung.org/site/TR?fr_id=18621&pg=entry

Pedalpalooza – month of June – group rides cancelled this year but themed solo rides encouraged. https://www.shift2bikes.org/pedalpalooza-calendar/

TOT in Kellogg, Idaho mid-June – pending, no decision (hotels are closed in Idaho at this time) (Check Bentrider on line for Status).

TOT General Discussion here: http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=146670

TOT hotels/camping info here: http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=146669

World Naked Bike Ride scheduled for June 27, even if you need to ride in circles in the buff, in your own living room. https://www.facebook.com/PDX.WNBR/

Seattle to Portland Scheduled for July 18/19. Registration on hold, pending final Decision to be made on May 15th. https://www.cascade.org/rides-and-events-seattle-portland-stp/stp-ride-details

Petal Pedal has been re-scheduled to August 22nd. http://petalpedal.com/

Bridge Pedal still pending Sunday Aug 9th. https://www.providence.org/lp/bridge-pedal

We talked about a club camp out at The Row River Trail in July. Decision pending on the current situation. Info about the area here: https://tinyurl.com/y7aw6ray

The most important item was the Recumbent Retreat. We have 27 of the 50 reserved sites sold. We cannot move forward until we know what the Oregon State Parks are going to do. Will Parks be open? We will make a decision in mid to Late July. If “PARKS” are open we will proceed. Discussion of what items we want to provide as merchandise is on hold. We are still accepting reservations – refunds will happen if the event gets cancelled. https://www.signmeup.com/site/online-event-registration/133940

That pretty much concluded most of the meeting except for the opportunity to visit socially and catch up with each other. It was great to “see” everyone. We will probably hold this same type of meeting next month.

Thanks for reading,

Dave VG

Cute Secretary

Leave a Reply